Individuals in the field of educator preparation benefit from their institutions' AACTE membership in many ways. Tools and resources broaden their knowledge and help address current challenges, and opportunities to network with professionals with common interests and goals enrich their development. AACTE member representatives receive exclusive access to and free or discounted fees for a range of programs, events, products, and services, just a few of which are highlighted here.
AACTE provides a unified and respected professional voice on Capitol Hill, up-to-the minute policy analysis, and successful advocacy for legislation favorable to the educator preparation community.
- Get a reduced registration rate to AACTE's Day on the Hill and advocate for education policy and funding to support educator preparation.
- Join our Grassroots Action Network and engage with Congress on important federal education issues. With access to our network, AACTE members can see overviews of legislation issues, learn how to contact the federal government, and take action.
- Receive updates and recommendations from our government relations team on the important issues related to educator preparation in the federal and state arenas.
AACTE provides constant monitoring of state and national education-related news, ongoing updates on key professional issues, and respected journalism specific to the profession.
- Members get free access to the Journal of Teacher Education, AACTE's highly regarded, peer-reviewed journal on policy, practice, and research, published 5 times a year.
- Ed Prep Matters – AACTE’s blog provides timely news and insights on educator preparation. In addition to original content, the blog compiles key articles from a variety of sources through AACTE’s Twitter feed and shares AACTE members’ updates and achievements with the national education community and the public.
- Phi Delta Kappan – Through a partnership with Pi Lambda Theta, faculty and staff at AACTE member institutions have free online access to this quarterly magazine.
Tools & Resources
AACTE provides solutions to common professional challenges and guidance on key issues and practices through tools and resources such as these:
- The Innovation Exchange - AACTE supports innovation in the professional community and speeds the pace of change in university-based educator preparation through the Innovation Exchange. This forum allows AACTE members, partners, and other constituents to share experiences and findings as we work together to address the most urgent issues of student achievement, curriculum reform, and educator preparation program advancement.
- Data on the Profession – AACTE maintains a comprehensive database on member institution characteristics and educator preparation demographics. The data cover areas such as enrollment, degrees and program completion, faculty, and program resources. Members can create and download a variety of custom reports through online interactive reports, run benchmarking analyses, view data tables prepared by AACTE, and view and print their own institution’s reports from current and previous years.
- State Chapter Support Grants – State chapters are eligible for grants to support the development of new or existing state chapters and their initiatives.
AACTE provides invaluable networking opportunities, one-of-a-kind professional development programs, and timely content-specific seminars and forums. AACTE members pay reduced registration rates for all of our events. Visit the Professional Development and Events page to see what's coming up.