Press Releases & Statements
- 10 February 2016
WHAT: Press Conference on Educator Preparation Programs Addressing Teacher Shortage in Nevada
WHO: Officials from the Clark County School District and four Nevada colleges of education will share their work to develop a more robust teacher pipeline that addresses the needs of schools across Clark County and Nevada. Gain an inside look into the collaborative work under way to strengthen the educator workforce in the state and how it fits within the national context of addressing teacher shortages. This dynamic panel will be moderated by a senior official of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.
- Mark LaCelle-Peterson, Senior Vice President for Policy and Programs, AACTE (Moderator)
- Kenneth Coll, Dean, College of Education, University of Nevada, Reno
- Kim Metcalf, Dean, College of Education, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Dennis Potthoff, Dean, School of Education, Nevada State College
- Thomas Reagan, Dean of Arts and Sciences, Great Basin College
- Staci Vesneske, Former Chief Human Resources Officer, Clark County School District, on special assignment to the superintendent’s office
WHERE: Stan Fulton Building Ballroom, University of Nevada, Las Vegas,
801 E. Flamingo, Las Vegas, NV 89119
WHEN: Monday, February 22, 2016
SPONSOR: AACTE presents this event hosted by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and in partnership with Great Basin College, Nevada State College, and the University of Nevada, Reno.
The press conference will be offered in advance of the AACTE 68th Annual Meeting, February 23-25, at The Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. Learn more about the 2016 Annual Meeting at aacte.org.
AACTE: The Leading Voice on Educator Preparation
The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education is a national alliance of educator preparation programs dedicated to high-quality, evidence-based preparation that assures educators are profession-ready as they enter the classroom. Its over 800 member institutions represent public and private colleges and universities in every state, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam. Through advocacy and capacity building, AACTE promotes innovation and effective practices that strengthen educator preparation. Learn more at www.aacte.org.