September 2017 Federal Update
Wednesday, September 20, 5:00 – 6:00 PM EDT
Congress has returned from August recess, and the September 30 deadline looms for the funding of FY18. Will Congress resort to a continuing resolution (CR), and if so, for how long? What are the long-term implications of this decision, especially as we move into an election year? Meanwhile, what action has unfolded to date on the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act, and what other legislative action could emerge this fall? Discussion on these questions and your continued advocacy steps on key items will be shared in this webinar. After the presentation, there will be time for questions. A recording of the webinar will be made available in AACTE’s Resource Library.
Presenter: Deborah Koolbeck, Director, Government Relations, AACTE
Call for Entries: 2019 AACTE Awards
The call for entries is open for the Outstanding Book Award and Outstanding Dissertation Award. Submissions for other AACTE awards will open later this spring.
- Outstanding Book Award: May 3, 2018
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: August 20, 2018
Award winners will be honored at the 2019 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 22–24 in Louisville, Kentucky, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA