March 2018 Federal Update
Wednesday, March 21, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT
Join this members-only webinar to catch up on the latest activity in Washington, DC, related to educator preparation. Has the U.S. House of Representatives completed its consideration of the PROSPER Act (its reauthorization of the Higher Education Act)? Where is the U.S. Senate in terms of its HEA reauthorization process? Will an omnibus pass by the continuing resolution deadline of March 23, and what is the projection for education funding for FY18? What’s the appropriations process look like for FY19? These and other subjects will be covered in this hour-long webinar.
This webinar will include a presentation and time for Q & A. It also will be recorded and posted in the AACTE Resource Library for future reference. Visit the federal page of the AACTE Advocacy Center for quick access to past Federal Update webinars.
Presenter: Deborah Koolbeck, Director, Government Relations, AACTE
Call for Entries: 2019 AACTE Awards
AACTE invites submissions for its 2019 awards!
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: August 20, 2018
- Best Practice and Professional Achievement Awards: October 10, 2018
Award winners will be honored at the 2019 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 22–24 in Louisville, Kentucky, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA