March 2017 Federal Update
Wednesday, March 22, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. EDT
The past month has brought much attention in Washington, DC, to issues of significance to educator preparation. In this webinar for AACTE members only, you will learn about the joint resolution passed in both the House and the Senate to rescind the federal regulations for teacher preparation programs under Title II of the Higher Education Act. We’ll also touch on the implementation of the Every Student Succeeds Act, whose regulations were rescinded as well. Hear about the latest developments in the FY18 federal budget process as well as the appropriations process for FY17, which is heating up as Congress heads towards its CR (continuing resolution) deadline of April 28. Learn what’s expected, the potential implications for education funding, and how your advocacy can have an impact.
This webinar will include a presentation and time for Q & A. It also will be recorded and posted in the AACTE Resource Library for future reference.
Presenter: Deborah Koolbeck, Director, Government Relations, AACTE
Call for Entries: 2019 AACTE Awards
AACTE invites submissions for its 2019 awards!
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: August 20, 2018
- Best Practice and Professional Achievement Awards: October 10, 2018
Award winners will be honored at the 2019 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 22–24 in Louisville, Kentucky, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA