Diversifying the Teacher Pipeline at CSU Fullerton and Northeastern Illinois University: Lessons From AACTE’s NIC
Thursday, July 27, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. EDT
In this last installment of a four-part webinar series, presenters from California State University, Fullerton and Northeastern Illinois University, two of the 10 teams that comprise the AACTE Black and Hispanic/Latino Male Teachers Initiative Networked Improvement Community (NIC), will discuss their experiences and findings as participants in the NIC process.
Their presentations will highlight how using improvement science as a pathway for investigation has directed – and changed – recruitment and retention practice at their institutions. Their stories will also be featured as case studies in a conceptual framework paper being developed by the NIC for release later this year. Join the webinar for a sneak preview of the paper’s findings and recommendations!
The webinar will include time for Q&A with participants and will be recorded for future reference.
- Ernest Black, Director, CalState TEACH, California State University, Fullerton
- Alberto López-Carrasquillo, Associate Dean & Licensure Officer, Northeastern Illinois University
- Amanda Lester, Associate Director for Member Engagement and Support, AACTE
Call for Entries: 2019 AACTE Awards
The call for entries is open for the Outstanding Book Award and Outstanding Dissertation Award. Submissions for other AACTE awards will open later this spring.
- Outstanding Book Award: May 3, 2018
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: August 20, 2018
Award winners will be honored at the 2019 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 22–24 in Louisville, Kentucky, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA