State Leaders Institute
Save the Date for 2020:
May 31-June 1, 2020 at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel.
Each year, AACTE provides the opportunity for AACTE and ATE state chapter leaders to gather together in Washington, DC to build on the connections and collaborations that emerge from the ACSR monthly region calls. The AACTE State Leaders Institute (SLI), held during Washington Week in June, is a conference for state chapter presidents and their leadership teams.
SLI provides a platform to engage and network with state chapter leaders from across the country, explore the policy trends, develop your leadership skills, and share best practices to meet the needs of your teacher candidates and the faculty and staff that prepare them.
The 2019 State Leaders Institute was focused on development of the capacity of the chapter and its leadership. Attendees learned how to develop a chapter leadership pipeline, how social media engagement can augment the capacity and reach of their chapters, the basics of working with the media, and more. View the full agenda here.
Slides of Presentations & Resources Shared:
- Sample Benefits Flyer
- Sample Member Invite
- Sample Recruitment, Retention, and Engagement Plan
- Sample Welcome Email
- Sample Renewal Notification
- Sample Invoice
State Leaders Institute Resources
- 2019 State Leaders Institute Presentations | 8 July, 2019
- 2018 Washington Week | 2 April, 2018
- 2015 Washington Week | 8 April, 2015
- Developing Relationships with Political Officials & Forming Coalitions | 5 June, 2014
- Are We An Open Occupation or a Profession? | 5 June, 2014